Guidance & Patient Support
At Vertex Pharmaceuticals, we know that treatment can be difficult. That's why we created Vertex GPS. This service brings together financial services, toll-free 24/7 nurse support hotline, and materials with information about hepatitis C.
24/7 Nurse SupportRegistered nurses are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week when patients call the toll-free Vertex GPS number.
With nurse support, your patients can:
- Talk with a registered nurse to get information about hepatitis C
- Learn why talking to their provider is important and get tips for good communication with their healthcare team
- Ask a registered nurse to check in from time to time
- Have these services translated into more than 90 languages
The support line nurses will not provide individual patient care or medical advice.
Financial ServicesTrained reimbursement specialists are available by calling the toll-free Vertex GPS number Monday through Friday, from
- Assigning a dedicated case manager to work with your office
- Verifying patients' insurance benefits and confirming out-of-pocket costs
- Determining prior authorization requirements
- Working to appeal denial of coverage, if requested
The following additional support services are available for eligible patients:
- Co-pay Assistance Program: Vertex offers co-pay support to eligible patients with commercial insurance who need help paying out-of-pocket medicine costs
Learn more about this program and eligibility requirements
- Patient Assistance Program (PAP): Provides medicine free of charge to patients who are uninsured and meet certain eligibility requirements
Download a Patient Assistance Program Form
or call 1-855-VERTEX-GPS (1-855-837-8394).
- Patient Regimens Monthly Report, IMS Health, NPA through November 2012, extracted December 2012.